Shiseido Group Social Media Policy
Shiseido Company, Limited and Subsidiaries (the “Shiseido Group”) hereby adopt and shall comply with this Shiseido Group Social Media Policy (this “Policy”) concerning the operation of Shiseido Group’s official social media accounts and participation in social media by Shiseido Group employees. This policy consists of two parts: Principles and Guidelines. By disclosing Principles worldwide, we will thoroughly notify all Shiseido Group Employees concerning this Policy.
1. Purposes of participation in social media
The Shiseido Group seeks to disseminate information concerning the Shiseido Group through social media and to engage in dialogue with customers with the aim of building long term relationship with them. Specifically, participation in social media has the following four objectives:
- 1.To listen to customer opinions and impressions concerning the Shiseido Group and to gain a better understanding of the products and services that customers truly want.
- 2.To inform more customers about Shiseido Group products and services.
- 3.To inform more customers about Group employees’ thoughts concerning Shiseido Group products and services.
- 4.To raise customer satisfaction and enhance confidence in the Shiseido Group and its brand value through sincere dialogue with customers.
2. Stance concerning Participation in Social Media
The Shiseido Group engages in dialogue as a sensible participant and with an attitude of restraint with the understanding that social media are forums for communication based on personal connections with individuals, and that once information is posted it becomes broadly disseminated around the world and can never be entirely deleted.
- 1.All Shiseido Group employees, regardless of their organization or employment status, must comply with national and local laws and regulations as well as employment regulations, the Our Way-the action standards for Shiseido Group employees-and all other internal rules.
- 2.Pay attention to comments from customers and always try to proactively provide information which will ensure some benefit or satisfaction to participating customers.
- 3.Take care concerning the content of information that is posted and the manner in which it is distributed and make an effort to avoid the distribution of incorrect information or information that may be misunderstood by customers.
- 4.If incorrect or inappropriate information is distributed or language that can lead to misunderstanding or inappropriate language is used, promptly apologize and correct the information.
- 5.Do not conceal your identity and use good common sense when posting information and engaging in dialogue.
- 6.Comply with the rules and respect the existing and unique culture and mannerisms of individual social media communities created and operated by third parties.
- 7.Respect the rights of third parties such as intellectual property rights and privacy rights and take care not to harm the reputations of others.
3.Things Required of All Shiseido Group Employees
The Shiseido Group has adopted guidelines that indicate its basic stance on employee participation in social media. Not only personnel responsible for managing Shiseido Group’s official accounts but also all employees who actively use social media are required to understand these guidelines and to engage in dialogue through social media with common sense and discretion.