Personal Information Protection Policy
Shiseido Company, Limited (“Shiseido” or “we”) is conducting our business based on “Our Mission,” the Shiseido Group’s corporate philosophy that “We cultivate relationships with people; We appreciate genuine, meaningful values; We inspire a life of beauty and culture” and also in line with “Our Values” (attitudes which our people should have) and “Our Way” (actions which our people should take).
We believe that it is our social responsibility to protect all personal information held by us and that to carry out such responsibility is absolutely essential to realize our business mission.
Based on this understanding, we will endeavor to ensure performance of each following personal information protection policy.
President and CEO
1. Acquisition Principle
When stores are visited or, Customer Service and websites are used, we may ask for certain personal information from our customers, shareholders and business partners, as appropriate, which will be kept, managed and used by us. Furthermore, we acquire, keep, manage and use personal information of our employees to the extent necessary for the execution of our business activities.
In general, when acquiring personal information, we will make the “purpose of use” and the “scope of use” of such information clear in advance and make them known to the individual concerned together with our “Customer Service.” Then we will acquire relevant personal information to the extent necessary for the accomplishment of the purpose of use, and take measures not to use the information for any purposes other than the original intent.
2. Proper Management Principle
Shiseido will manage all personal information in a proper manner. In principle, unless otherwise stipulated by laws, we will never disclose or provide personal information to any third party without consent of the individual concerned.
3. Outsourcing of Personal Information Handling Operations to Business Partners
When we are required to deliver personal information held by us to any of our business partners for outsourcing of personal information handling operations, we carefully select dependable business partners and execute agreements which oblige them to conduct proper information management as designated by Shiseido.
4. Ensuring of Accuracy and Safety
Shiseido will keep personal information held by it accurate and up-to-date, and take reasonable measures to prevent the leakage, loss or damage of personal information as well as corrective measures on the occurrence of such situations.
5. Complaints and Consultations on Personal Information
If you contact our Customer Service, we will promptly deal with your complaints and consultations about our handling of personal information.
6. Personal Information of Children
Shiseido also protects personal information of children similarly to that of adults. To enjoy our services, children under the age of sixteen may be subject to parental consent as needed, in addition to confirmation of intentions and agreements of themselves.
7. Compliance with Laws
Shiseido complies with applicable laws, national guidelines and other standards as well as industry guidelines in connection with personal information.
8. Internal Systems
Shiseido appoints the “Chief Privacy Officer” and establishes and maintains systems for protecting personal information. An information manager is positioned in every section handling personal information and information is properly protected, managed and used under the instruction of those information managers. Additionally, all the personnel engaged in our operations receive enlightening education.
For any question regarding this Personal Information Protection Policy, please refer to:Shiseido Customer Service
- 1-6-2 Higashi-Shimbashi, Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-8310
1st edition established on June 1, 2003
2nd edition amended on October 15, 2007
3rd edition amended on April 1, 2003
4th edition amended on April 1, 2011
5th edition amended on April 1, 2013
6th edition amended on March 1, 2016
Handling of Personal Information
1. Chief Privacy Officer (kojin joho hogo kanrisha)
The role of the ”Chief Privacy Officer” of Shiseido is assumed by the Department Director of Compliance Department.
If you wish to contact with our Chief Privacy Officer, please let us know using the Contact Information provided in 6. below.
2. Purpose of use of personal information
- 1.In general, whenever we acquire your personal information, we will inform you each time of the purpose of use and the scope of use of such information in writing, on the website screen or in the form of verbal explanation, as the case may be. Similarly, when we intend to share your personal information with parties concerned, we will obtain your consent each time.
2.We may omit specifying the purpose of use where we ask you to provide your contact information upon inquiry or request from you, where your personal information is provided on business cards exchanged in accordance with business practice or where the purpose of use of your personal information acquired is otherwise obvious.
In principle, even in those cases, Shiseido will use the acquired personal information within the scope of the following purpose of use.
- 3.Registration and provision of personal information is optional; however, if you choose not to register or provide us with the information required by the various services, there is the possibility that you may not be able to make use of them.
|Contents of Personal Information||Purpose of Use||Disclosablility*|
|Personal Information about Inquirers and Consulters|| ||Disclosable|
|Personal information about business partners||
|Information on “Hanatsubaki Club Members”||Information may be shared for the following purposes:
|Information on “Shiseido Group Members”|| ||Disclosable|
|Information on “watashi+ Members”||Information may be shared for the following purposes:
|Information on “Beauty & Co. Members”|| ||Disclosable|
|Information on “registered shareholders of Shiseido”|| ||Disclosable|
|Information on “IR mail members and other investors, etc.”|| ||Disclosable|
|Information on “applicants for employment” (including prospective employees and on-the-job trainees)|| ||Disclosable|
|Information on “employees”||
|Information on “retired employees”||
|Information on “applicants for disclosure of personal information as well as complaints and consultations”|| ||Disclosable|
|Information on “officers and employees of counterparty companies”||
- 4.Whenever we change any of the purposes of use described in the table above beyond the scope which can be considered appropriately relevant, we will obtain your consent each time in writing, on the website screen, or in the form of verbal explanation, as the case may be.
3. Disclosure of personal information to third parties
Shiseido properly manages all personal information received from you and will never disclose the same to any third party without obtaining your prior consent, except for the following cases:
- 1.When disclosure of personal information is requested pursuant to laws and regulations;
- 2.When disclosure of personal information is necessary for the protection of human life, body or property and it is difficult to obtain consent of the individual concerned;
- 3.When disclosure of personal information is especially necessary for improving public health or promoting sound growth of children and it is difficult to obtain consent of the individual concerned; or
- 4.When it is necessary to cooperate with national organs or local authorities or any other persons entrusted by them in performing affairs prescribed by laws and regulations, and obtaining consent of the individual concerned may cause inconvenience to the performance of such affairs.
4. Sharing of personal information
Among personal information described in 2. above, Shiseido is sharing information regarding “Hanatsubaki Club Members” and “watashi+ Members” as follows:
|Contents of Personal Information||Information on “Hanatsubaki Club Members|
|Scope of parties to share information|| |
|Items of personal information to be shared|| |
※Disclosure of the telephone number, e-mail address, occupation, marital status and other profile information is voluntary and therefore these items are shared only when you register them by your own will
|Purpose of use of parties to share information||Same as the purpose of use described in the table of 2. above|
|Name of person who is responsible for the management of personal information to be shared|| |
|Method of acquisition of personal information|| |
|Contents of personal information||Information on “watashi+ Members|
|Scope of parties to share information|| ||
|Items of personal information to be shared|| || |
|Purpose of use of parties to share information||Among the purposes of use described in the table of 2. above, only sending of watashi+ shop mails and confirmation of availability of shop counseling||Same as the purpose of use described in the table of 2. above, but except for those described in the left column|
|Name of person who is responsible for the management of personal information to be shared||Shiseido The Company|
|Method of acquisition of personal information||Access by stores through the Internet or Shiseido’s designated information device to information entered by you on the Shiseido Website and Shiseido Mobile Site||Access through the intranet to information entered by you on the Shiseido Website and Shiseido Mobile Site|
5. Matters concerning Procedures to Meet “Requests for Disclosure or the like”
- 1.As to the “personal information to be disclosed” described in the table of 2. above, Shiseido will meet the request for the notice of the purpose of use, disclosure, modification, addition or deletion of personal information, suspension of use, deletion and stoppage of provision to third parties (collectively, the “disclosure or the like”) made by the individual concerned.
2.“Requests for disclosure or the like” are handled as follows. Any other “request for disclosure or the like” regarding personal information to be disclosed will be dealt with as instructed individually.
- (1)Any “disclosure” or “change” of information regarding or “withdrawal” from “Hanatsubaki Club Members” will be directly handled at the store with which you are registered as a Hanatsubaki Club Member.
(2)Any “disclosure” or “change” of information regarding or “withdrawal” from “Shiseido Group Members” will be conducted by yourself at the following page on the Shiseido Website using your ID and password managed by you on your own responsibility.
< Click here for confirmation and change of registration of Shiseido Group Members(Japanese Only) >
(3)Any “disclosure” or “change” of information regarding or “withdrawal” from “watashi+ Members” will be conducted by yourself at the following page on the Shiseido Website using your Member ID (e-mail address) and password managed by you on your own responsibility.
< Click here for confirmation and change of registration of watashi+ Members(Japanese Only) >
(4)Any “disclosure” or “change” of information regarding or “withdrawal” from “Beauty & Co. Members” will be conducted by yourself at the following page on the Beauty & Co. Website using your Login ID and password managed by you on your own responsibility.
< Click here for change of membership information on My Page of Beauty & Co. (Japanese Only) >
(5)Any “disclosure” or “change” of information on “Shiseido’s shareholders” will be handled by Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank, Limited, the Shareholder Registry Administrator of Shiseido.
For more details about the procedures, please contact Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank directly.
< Contact Information >
Stock Transfer Agency Business Planning Dept.
Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank, Limited
2-8-4 Izumi, Suginami-ku, Tokyo 168-0063
Phone: 0120-782-031 (toll-free number)
As to shares held in your account with a securities company, please contact your securities company.
(6)With respect to the “request for disclosure or the like” regarding any other personal information to be disclosed as included in the table of 2. above, please send a designated form accompanied by necessary documents by mail to the following address. In doing so, please indicate “Enclosing a Request Form for disclosure or the like of personal information” on the envelope.
< Contact >
Shiseido Customer Service
1-6-2 Higashi-Shimbashi, Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-8310
3.Documents (including a form) necessary to be submitted for “request for disclosure or the like”
For making a “request for disclosure or the like,” please fill out the following “Disclosure Request Form” and send it to the above address with the following identity verification documents enclosed.
< Identity verification documents (either of them) >
- Certificate of Residence (original copy), or
- A copy of the official document such as passport and driver’s license (if an entry of the legal domicile is included in the document, please black out the legal domicile part before submission)
4.“Requests for disclosure or the like” by representatives
If a person who makes a “request for disclosure or the like” is a statutory representative of the applicant, a child or an adult ward, or an agent authorized by the applicant to make a request for disclosure or the like, please also send the following documents with the Request Form.
< In the case of statutory representative >
- A document certifying his/her authority of statutory representation (a copy of the family register or, if he/she has a parental authority, a copy of the insurance card with his/her dependent family members’ names included is also acceptable): 1
- A document certifying that he/she is a statutory representative of a child or an adult ward (a copy of the official document such as passport or driver’s license of the statutory representative): 1
< In the case of privately appointed agent >
- A power of attorney: 1
- A certificate of a seal impression of the applicant: 1
5.Method of response to “requests for disclosure or the like”
- (1)Hanatsubaki Club Members will receive the response at stores directly. Shiseido Group Members, watashi+ Members and Beauty & Co. Members are able to confirm the response on the respective websites.
- (2)In principle, a response to a person who requests for disclosures or the like in writing will be given in writing after identity verification (in the case of a request by a representative, a written response will be given to such representative after verifying that such representative is duly authorized to make such request)
6.“Purpose of use” of personal information acquired in connection with “requests for disclosure or the like”
The personal information acquired in connection with the request for disclosure or the like is handled only to the extent necessary for such request for disclosure or the like.
All documents received from you will be kept for two years after completion of the response to the request for disclosure or the like, and thereafter will be destroyed.
7.Reason for non-disclosure of “personal information to be disclosed”
Personal information will not be disclosed in each of the following cases. Decision of non-disclosure will be notified with the reasons for the refusal.
- (1)When the identity of the applicant cannot be verified (for example, inconsistency with registered address, name, birthday, ID or password);
- (2)When the authority of representation of a representative cannot be verified;
- (3)When the information requested to be disclosed is not the “personal information to be disclosed”;
- (4)When the disclosure may be detrimental to the life, body, property or any other rights or interests of the applicant;
- (5)When the disclosure may cause substantial hindrance to the proper conduct of business of Shiseido; or
- (6)When the disclosure constitutes violation of other laws or regulations.
6. Matters concerning acceptance of “complaints” and Contact
For any complaint and question about our handling of personal information, please contact us by any of the following methods.
As to matters concerning watashi+ and Beauty & Co., please use the dedicated links below.
< Contact >
Shiseido Customer Service
1-6-2 Higashi-Shimbashi, Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-8310
Phone: 0120-81-4710 9:00-17:00 (excluding Saturdays, Sundays and national holidays)
watashi+ Support Center
Phone: 0120-31-4710 (9:00-21:00; not available during the year-end and New Year holidays and on statutory inspection days)
Click here for inquiry form(Japanese Only)
Beauty & Co.
Beauty & Co. Customer Service
Click here for inquiries(Japanese Only)
< Notice >
Please note that we do not accept any direct request by visiting our company.
Also note that your inquiries to our toll-free number will be recorded for improvement of our customer service.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in this matter.
This Privacy Notice shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Japan.
In the event of any dispute, the Japanese version of this Privacy Notice will prevail over any other language versions.